The GARR Network and its services are dedicated to the Italian Research and Education Community. Currently, around 1200 sites, including research and documentation centers, universities, observatories, laboratories, libraries, museums and other infrastructures, for a total of over 4,000,000 end users, are connected to the GARR Network. Thanks to the collaboration of the APM (Access Port Manager) of all the sites connected to the network, it is possible to make available to users who work in the various institutions the services provided by GARR.
This vast community is destined to widen again, thanks to the interconnection of new structures belonging to the world of Research, Education and Culture, Schools, Academies of Art and Museums.
Below is a list of the structures connected to the GARR Network.
- All the organizations
- State universities
- Non-state universities
- AFAM - Institutes of Higher Musical Artistic Training
- ASI - Italian Space Agency
- CNR - National Research Council
- ENEA - Agency for New Technologies, Energy and the Environment
- INAF - National Institute of Astrophysics
- INFN - National Institute of Nuclear Physics
- INGV - National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology
- Research Institutions related to MIUR
- Medical, Health and Hospital Research Institutes
- Other Research and Training Institutions
- International Research Institutes
- National, Central and State Libraries
- Inter-university consortia
- MIUR Central Offices