GARR Technological Scholarships
At the moment there are no active calls
If you are 30 or younger you can submit your research project on one of the subjects indicated by GARR and be awarded with a 12-month scholarship for a total value of 19.000€. During this time, you will be hosted in one of GARR offices, in either Rome, Milan or Bari. Applications will be evaluated in a first-come-first-served basis, until the funds made available by GARR are exhausted.
- date of birth, as indicated in the call;
- to hold an undergraduate or graduate degree by an Italian University or equivalent;
- good level of Italian and English, written and spoken.
To participate you will need to fill in the form and attaching the research project and the language certificates as requested.
Applications will be evaluated within 60 business days of receipt.
The evaluation will be based on:
- degrees and qualifications of the candidate;
- interview with the selection board;
- focus of the research project on one of the subjects indicated by GARR;
- quality of the research project. For evaluation purposes, the originality, innovation and short-term applicability of the proposed projects will be considered rewarding elements.
The best projects will have the possibility to participate in the Future Talent Programme of TNC, the European conference that every year brings together decision makers, networking and collaboration specialists, and identity and access management experts from all major European networking and research organisations, universities, worldwide sister institutions, as well as industry representatives.
Technological Scholarships arguments
List of themes for study and research projects useful for obtaining a GARR Technology Scholarship
- IPv4 and IPv6 packet transmission networks;
- Network monitoring;
- Software Defined Network;
- Network security and contrast of DOS and DDOS;
- Optical Transmission Systems;
- Use of submarine fiber cables;
- New Optical Network services;
- Near-real-time geographic data transport systems;
- Transmission of time and ultra-precise phase signals;
- Data Lake systems;
- Cloud Open-Stack and Container technologies;
- Federation of Cloud Infrastructures;
- Federation of data infrastructures;
- Collaborative and sharing platforms;
- Innovative Cloud Services.