The Research and Education Community connected to GARR is composed by:
- the founding members of Consortium GARR (CNR, ENEA, INFN and the CRUI Foundation representing the Italian Universities);
- the research bodies supervised by the MIUR, including ASI, INAF, INGV and others;
- CINECA, the Inter-university Consortium for Calculation;
- foreign universities and cultural and/or scientific institutions based in Italy and for which agreements exist with the Italian Government;
- cultural and research organizations belonging to other Ministries, such as MiBAC and Health;
- associations or consortia between bodies referred to in categories 1 and 2;
- research centers and Italian cultural and/or scientific institutions of great interest to the national scientific community and research centers.