Network Access InfrastructureGÉANT network.
The criteria adopted for the design of the proposed solution are summarized below:
- Supply of high capacity circuits for national and international network connectivity;
- Provision of advanced network and application services;
- Specialized support to guarantee the operation of the access and backbone infrastructure;
- Design of ad hoc services for specific needs (such as dedicated circuits or temporary bandwidth allocations);
- Activation, on request, of a backup line;
- Training on network technologies adopted.
Access model proposed
The proposed infrastructure provides each institution with a primary link to access the high capacity GARR network and, for organizations that request it, a secondary connection of equal or lower capacity to be used as backup of the primary link.
GARR also provides a preconfigured termination device for the primary connection, plus a secondary connection device, if required. Where possible, the primary and secondary connections will be attested on two different Pop (points of presence), so as to guarantee reliability of the connectivity service.